Most Beautiful Place On Earth

Most Beautiful Place On Earth
Banff, Alberta, Canada...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dont let your 'rizq' take you from ar-Razaq!!

Last night I was praying Isha after a long period of eating...
and when I thought about praying taraweeh, or at least witr... my back and stomach began to hurt.
I was so full.
And the thought of bending in anyway was not pleasant.
All I wanted to do was recline in all my over-eating glory... and fall asleep.
But then... I thought about how pathetic I am.
Allah ta'ala was generous enough to provide me with a filling, nutritious meal (which I proceeded to gorge in the short time between maghrib and isha)... and now I wanted to repay His Generosity with laziness.
How cheap.
Then I thought 'self, don't let your rizq take you from ar-razaq'
Don't let your provisions take you away from The Provider....
and through my day, I've applied it in many ways to my life.
The beautiful kids I have should not distract me from doing things for Allah (swt) weather it be praying, studying, reading Qur'an...
I mean, sure...they demand attention and its hard to strike a balance between them and this... but I must try.
Then I began to wonder... which is worse... praying on-time without focus (due to kids and their hysteria), or to wait a while, calm the chaos in the house, and pray when I can dedicate more attention to the salaah?
OR I could try my best to prepare the house BEFORE the adthaan comes in, so that by the time it's time to pray, everything is kosher. And I can have the best of both worlds.
Thats it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment